8 Laws of Health
It is our faith that
our Creator has provided means in which we may obtain the best
- Fresh Air
- Without oxygen (fresh air) we could not remain alive for more than an average of 4-5 minutes. Proper breathing helps keep your lungs and body healthy.
- Our wonderful Creator gave us the firmament. See Genesis 1:8.
- Lovely rays of sunlight brighten up the dark skies of night to reveal the bounty of blue heavens. This wonderful sun sends us warmth and more. From the sun our bodies receive Vitamin D which is essential for helping us to be stronger and healthier.
- On the fourth day God created two great lights, one to rule for the day and one for the night. See Genesis 1:16.
- The original diet plan was to enjoy all those things which were made for our health and to not consider to take part in those things which harm our body. "AND the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Genesis 2:16-17.
- Although we use the body it is not our property, it is His. "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" 1 Corinthians 6:19.
- Today God is asking us to remember the good way and walk in that direction. "Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls...." Jeremiah 6:16.
- The meaning of nutrition is to study foods. It is part of our Creator's plan that we would become knowledgeable people understanding the science of our bodies. He desires us to learn to care for our health that we may be successful in our lives. "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." 3 John 1:2.
- Whatever we put in our bodies it will effect our health. "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting." Galatians 6:7,8.
- Adequate Rest
- Much to do with rest is ordering our world to do His good will. Through leaning on Him we learn how to "de-clutter" our time and lives. And as we continue to grow in Him, we find a reward of peace and rest. The rest I am now speaking about is the one where only He can give. His rest provides the soul a refreshing from all the struggles of the world.
- Useful Exercise
- There are many types of exercise plans, but the best type of exercise comes with productivity, such as gardening, landscaping, etc. This type of exercise yields much more than health, but also satisfaction in accomplishing something worthwhile.
- Plenty of Water
- If you have ever seen a desert you know the effects of less water means less flourishing of plants, animals, lakes and streams. Your physical body needs water in order to maintain health. The body is somewhere between 60-70 percent water, and without it your body begins to work to conserve its water by shutting down. If you continue without water you will limit your health. An average adult body requires a minium of 8 fluid ounces per day just in order to maintain your health.
- Trust in God
- When there is an established trust in God you will learn to rely on Him for all your needs such as wisdom, knowledge, peace, rest, joy, and more. Trust in God produces a balance in your life that you would not have otherwise. The mind and heart are yoked together when there is a trust in God. Along with a trust in God, we must continue to build upon the Friendship with Christ Jesus and learn of Him, so we must read the scriptures and if you are an Adventist you will also read the Spirit of Propheyc.